Chronic fatigue syndrome is a long-term illness which can get & affects many body organs. It can also make you unable to do your daily activities. Sometimes it’s hard for people with chronic fatigue syndrome to even get out of bed.
Anyone can be affected by chronic fatigue syndrome but people between 40 and 60 years old are mostly affected.
Chronic Fatigue Diagnosis
There’s no single diagnostic test to confirm a chronic fatigue syndrome. Symptoms of CFS can mimic those of many other health problems:
- Sleep disorders. Sleep disorders can cause chronic fatigue.
- Medical problems. There are several medical conditions in which fatigue is a common symptom such as diabetes, hypothyroidism & anemia.
- Mental health issues. Many mental health problems can cause fatigue such as anxiety & depression.
Please fill the form below & we’ll contact you to book an appointment.
It is very common for people with chronic fatigue disorder to have other health problems at the same time such as fibromyalgia, depression or anxiety, sleep disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
There are many symptoms which are common in between chronic fatigue syndrome & fibromyalgia.
Dr. Malhotra, a top neurologist in NYC (Source: America’s Best Doctors 2021)
He is an expert in chronic fatigue diagnosis & can help you with a very effective treatment. You can book an appointment today by clicking on the “Call Me” button below & we’ll book an appointment with Dr. Malhotra as per your convenience.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment
Chronic fatigue syndrome has no cure. Treatment only focuses on symptom relief. Some problems associated with chronic fatigue syndrome can be improved to get relief from CFS symptoms:
- People with chronic fatigue syndrome are also depressed. It makes easier for people to copy up with CFS by treating their depression.
- Orthostatic intolerance.It is possible that some people with chronic fatigue syndrome may feel faint or nauseated when they stand or sit upright. Regulating blood pressure & heart rhythms may be helpful in this.
- When medications like ibuprofen & naproxen sodium don’t help, prescription drugs to treat fibromyalgia might be the options.