In sleep disorder conditions your normal sleep patterns are disturbed. There are around 80 different sleep disorders. Some of the common types include:
- Insomnia – This is the most common sleep disorder in which person is unable to stay asleep & faces difficulty in falling.
- Sleep apnea – In this, person stops breathing for 10 seconds or more during sleep
- Restless leg syndrome (RLS) – a powerful urge to move your legs with a tingling or prickly sensation
- Hypersomnia – having difficulty in staying awake during the day.
- Circadian rhythm disorders – These disorders lets you unable to sleep and wake at the right times.
People who feel tired during the day suffer from a true sleep disorder. But for the rest of them, the real problem is not allowing enough time for sleep. It is very important to get enough sleep every night for an individual. Your age, lifestyle, health and whether you have been getting enough sleep recently, these factors decide the amount of sleep a person needs. Most of the adults should sleep for 7-8 hours each night.